As Ontario cautiously emerges from two years of Covid-19 isolation guidelines, North Grenville residents are offering exciting new events and popular returning classics!
Check out the list below of some of the featured events and check out the events calendar for even more!
Kemptville Farmers' Market
- Sundays May-October 30, Noon-4 p.m., 200 Sanders St. (B&H Grocers Parking Lot)
Kemptville Cruise Nights
- Fridays, May-Sept 30, 6 p.m.-Dusk, Kemptville Food Basics
Street Piano Series, Kemptville
North Grenville has its first Street Piano! Located at the North Grenville Library, the instrument has been painted and is a key component to a special series of outdoor performances by professional musicians throughout the summer!
Check out June's dates:
North Grenville Pride Weekend, Kemptville
- Pride Flotilla (Curry Park) - Sat. June 11th, 11 am,
- Pride Parade (Kemptville Campus) – Sun. June 12th , 1 pm – 5 pm
- The After Party takes place in Riverside Park near the skateboard park and community pool.
Bigger than ever, and spanning two days, North Grenville Pride celebrates diversity with a flotilla, parade, and activities in Riverside Park, Kemptville.
On Saturday, June 11th, decorate your kayak or canoe and meet at Curry Park at 11 a.m. for the first-ever North Grenville Pride Flotilla on Kemptville Creek!
The Pride Parade happens on Sunday, June 12th, travelling from Kemptville College to Riverside Park. Stay for the after party for drag performances, music, and BBQ is after the parade. Muster at on Concession Road near College Road on the Kemptville Campus.
This is a family friendly event. Come and help us show how Kemptville and the heritage Hamlets of North Grenville are inclusive places for all.
Other ways to celebrate Pride Month in North Grenville:
- Bring your favourite four-legged friend to visit the rainbow bench at the Ferguson Forest Dog Park.
- Take a selfie on the Rainbow Crosswalk while enjoying a stroll down Prescott St. in Old Town Kemptville
- Find a safe space at Bubba and Bugs Coffee Bar on Prescott St. in Old Town Kemptville. This establishment supports LGBTQ2AI+ youth and others through initiatives year-round. Grab a beverage and sweet treat on the patio.
My Local Makers' Outdoor Night Market
Thursday, June 16
Surya Yoga Festival, Kemptville Campus
Saturday, June 18, 2022. Kemptville Campus WB George Center, 48 Shearer Street, Kemptville, ON K0G 1J0
Spend the day together replenishing yourselves with yoga practice in the healing garden. Grab your yoga matts and head to the beautiful grounds of Kemptville Campus beginning with sun salutations to the rising sun at dawn.
- Date & Time: June 18, 2022; 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM EDT
- Events: Yoga classes, food vendors, meditation, kombucha and more!
- Who can attend: Anyone of any age or experience level is welcome.
- For more information: Instagram @suryayogafestival or Facebook @SuryaYogaFestival
- Tickets Purchases: Surya Yoga Festival on Eventbrite
The event is sure to provide you both with the lasting feeling of ZEN.
Experience Art Fest
Various Locations across North Grenville
Kemptville Live Music Festival, Kemptville Campus
The Kemptville Live Music Festival returns to the grounds of the Kemptville Campus, Thursday to Sunday, July 21-24,2022 with another four stellar days of live music, camping, food, the best of this region's craft brew, and a shopping village of artisan vendors.
It’s a full weekend of live blues, rock, folk, roots and more. This year's lineup features: Johnny Reid, Tom Cochran, Bachman-Cummings, Glass Tiger, Honeymoon Suite, Andy Kim and many more!
The outdoor festival provides a comfortable setting for patrons of all ages and accessibility needs with tent coverage for shade and a dedicated accessibility team.
Summer Fiesta Grass Drags Friday Aug 19-Sun Aug 21
Two day event of 500’ snowmobile drag racing. Hosted at Dillabough Sales & Services LTD. by Snowmobile Drag Racing Ontario Inc. and part of the The SnowStuds ProStock Championship Series.
This event draws hundreds of competitors and spectators from across Ontario and the United States.
International Plowing Match, Kemptville Campus
- Location: Kemptville Campus, 830 Prescott St, Kemptville, ON K0G 1J0
- Date: September 20-24, 2022
- Website: https://www.plowingmatch.org/ipm2022/
The International Plowing Match is the largest outdoor agriculture and rural expo in North America. The IPM began over 100 years ago. It has been held in many different towns within rural Ontario. The event includes things like plowing matches, livestock shows, quilting competitions and the queen of the furrow competitions. Visitors come from all over Canada and the United States, it’s a very large event often hosting tens of thousands of people.
For those interested, there is an RV park for visitors to stay in during the event, the RV Park Entrance is at 2510 Bedell Road, Kemptville, Ontario. Booking a site also includes: two (2) daily admission passes to Tented City, nightly entertainment, shuttle to Tented City, on-site dump station, and site pump outs available (at campers cost). RV park information such as pricing, booking and other important information can be found at: Plowingmatch/visitorinfo/RVpark
Anyone of any age is welcome to attend, the event will have child friendly activities. Tickets will be available on the IPM website in the coming months.
The IPM also has opportunities to get involved and volunteer: https://www.plowingmatch.org/ipm2022/get-involved/become-a-volunteer